Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Trader Envy


<==People checking out who are not me! Lucky Bastards.

I valiantly attempted to buy groceries (novel concept!) at Trader Joe's in Union Square last night...and it was like it just openened! The line was down the block at 7pm on a relatively balmy Monday night. Geez louise. I need an assistant to go food shopping for me!

I did, however, manage to make it to their wine store _ it's so wonderful! I bought an organic red for $5. $5?!?!? That's what ONE beer costs in most Manhattan bars. I had some last night, and I must say it's pretty tasty.

I also went by this awesome tea place called Tavalon (http://http://www.tavalon.com/) -- everyone must go and check this out! It's teeny-tiny, but I had the best tea I think I've ever had there. It was a white tea (full of anti-oxidants!) blend that also had mint and "sweet Korean plums" in it. Seriously delicious. They have a DJ, people! At a tea place! All in all, not a bad way to spend my time NOT grocery shopping.

5 Comments:

Blogger CamChes said...

Mmmm. I love tea!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lauren Bell said...

Cam and Tara -- you should totally check out Tavalon! Tara -- I seriously might take you up on that offer sometime _ only in NYC does a grocery store have a velvet rope!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow, glad to see your new postings. Kim actually noticed it before me when I told him about Cam's blog. Still haven't been to the Trader Joe's around here. Will have to try that red.

9:15 PM  
Blogger HarleyQ said...

Oh my god the wine store is finally open? Now I have to go. Maybe I'll take off work for the occasion, though...

5:38 AM  
Blogger JGSchaeffer said...

Yeah - but what's up with it being $5??? What happened to Two Buck Chuck??? Just because we live in New York we have to pay more than double the price???...oh yeah, I forgot, that's EXACTLY why...

Speaking of wine markup - had a great bottle of Zinfandel while in Vancouver. It's called Seven Deadly Zins. Totally tasty if you like big, knock your teeth out Zin (which I do). It's @ $14 bucks unless you buy it at a restaurant in Canada like I stupidly did, in which case you can pay $56 CAD for it...harumph...

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home